Monday, August 17, 2009

A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words or Is It?















Thank you for coming here today. I am sure you are all wondering why I invited you all here today. Well, I am about to tell you. Today's lesson will explore the depth and/or validity of the our title statement. Is a picture worth a thousand words? Well, I submit to you that it is not; in fact, I dare say that a picture (specifically, pictures of these children) are worth more than a thousand words - much more. So much more, might I suggest the description as "priceless."
Now to the nitty gritty (please read those last two words in a horrible mexican accent, akin to Nacho Libre). Let us look at our submissions for "priceless" pictures. We begin with a beautiful princess at the park, carefully negotiating the toad stools like a little lady. Exhibit B: shows two young males appearing to be rather close, perhaps even family. (The one with the glasses looks rather dashing, almost unnaturally so.) Our third exhibit shows the same striking young fellow being cradled by some adult male not quite as handsome. We move on to our next exhibit in which we see our same princess and handsome prince taking time out for a photo opportunity for the general public. Lastly, we notice the handsome polynesian prince doing a traditional Samoan siva. We have reached the end of our time together; my how fast the hour has gone. I do not think I need to say anything more in defense of my thesis. The evidence speaks for itself. Thank you for joining us on this brief journey of priceless photos. We hope we have inspired you to take a closer look at the pictures around you and not put a superficial price on them. Oh, okay, let us just agree that these children are just so cute. We love you all. Mom and Dad, we love you so much and look forward to talking to you soon. Alofas to all the family. Nacho-o-o-o!

2 comments:

Driftwood Girl said...

HA! nacho libre. love the priceless pics :)

Talani Tupua said...

That is good that you liked the pictures - real good. I think I need to find a new kind of duty.