Thursday, December 24, 2009

We're Dreaming of a Soggy Christmas?

I can't get pictures to upload today, and I'm too impatient to wait it out. I'll have to ask Talani to post later with pictures; he'll be patient enough to make sure it's done right. :)
Lookin' around, it's nothin' but GRAY skies here in Arkansas. It's has been raining non-stop for almost two days straight. I think it may be stopping for the moment -- quick! everyone to the car! Let's go DO something while we have the chance!
It may snow a tiny bit tonight. If the snow is worthy, we'll wake the kids up to see snow for the first time. :) It's supposed to clear up after today and not rain or snow again until Tuesday, a day or two AFTER we leave!
I'll save all the stories of our adventures here for Talani's post with pictures. (He's a much better story teller than I am, anyway. Did you love his Lord of the Rings tale of our journey here? I experienced the trip and I still enjoyed his fantasy spin on the details.)
So, my post will end - after an update on my hobby - learning to save money through couponing and smart shopping. Some websites for you to check out:

www.hip2save.com
Collin is a mom to 3 kids and has devoted herself to getting the most out of each penny. And she's so cute!

www.couponingtodisney.blogspot.com
Kristen just booked her family's summer trip to Disney World (they'll be there when we are!). She's nearly paid for the whole thing by employing smart shopping strategies.

www.sendearnings.com
Complete surveys and click links in emails to add value to your account. When you've reached $30, request a payout. Check's (almost) in the mail! (I've got a balance of almost $10 after just about 2 weeks with the site.)

www.gsn.com
My dad got me interested in this site. Answer trivia questions daily to earn "oodles" which translate into prizes. For 9,000+ oodles, get a $10 Starbucks gift card. Home Depot, Applebees, and Walmart cards are also options. We've got about 11,000 oodles and are saving toward a goal that we'll reach sometime in 2010. I am currently using an account in my name, while Dad has an account in Talani's name that has generated 2 gift cards totalling $50 over the past few months.

www.lightspeedpanel.com
Take surveys for points. Redeem points for gift cards. So far, we've earned a $5 gift card to Red Robin and we're one good survey away from another $5 gift card to one of several restaurants. Or I could keep saving points for a more valuable gift card. I've been with this site for just a little over 2 weeks, trying to take one survey a day.

www.mypoints.com
Receive points for shopping online through this website. Then redeem the points for gift cards. I'm trying to save for a gift card that we'll use at Disney. I need 6,750 points. I have 255 points. Oh, I'll get that gift card, all right, though Dianna might be 10 by the time I earn enough! This is a site that I can earn extra points for referrals. I'm going to work on putting up a link on the right side of the blog for you to click on and get started earning your own points and help me out at the same time. :)

www.swagbucks.com
Earn points for your web searches. I've already got a link on the right of the blog to this site. I do get a kick-back for referrals. Here's what you need to do. Click the link and register. Then, use the swagbucks website whenever you would normally google something. You'll get all the same results to your search. There's a chance you'll win swagbucks with your search. (There's a chance you won't win, too. That's why you use swagbucks for ALL your searching.) I've earned 45 swagbucks, enough for a $5 Amazon egift card. Talani has 21 swagbucks. When we get enough egift cards to Amazon, we'll be able to buy our Disney guide book by combining our earnings and maybe even get the book for free!

I hope you enjoy checking out these websites and working to earn some free rewards of your own.


1 comment:

Talani Tupua said...

I just sent some of you an email about mypoints.com. I can't get a link to put on the blog, so just follow the email instructions. :)